Monday, February 15, 2010

Money Making Experiment - 1st Step

Well, I've been going at this online money making thing for a little over a week.  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work on the blog quite as much as I would want.  Not being able to post and draw traffic directly affects making any money using this blog, but I'll fill in the details on what I've done so far and how it's working (or not working).

On the last post, I mentioned that I was following a blog and I have done all the directions in the first five lessons about making money online and this blog still hasn't even gotten indexed.  If you are reading this post it is probably in the future and I've figured some more things. In defense of the blog http://beginner-blogger-basics.blogspot.com, a lot of the directions are several years old and the author even mentions that.  

Don't worry though, I have not given up trying to make some MONEY using different online systems.  I'm going to continue to follow the blog until I get to some of the newer directions and we'll see how it works.  I have been looking at several other options, but first I want to see how the blogging stuff works out for me.  


The biggest first step is getting indexed by google (and other search engines). Getting indexed means that your website or blog is in their database so it can actually be found.  For example if I want to see if my blog is indexed, I type in the exact address http://followmemakingmoneyonline.blogspot.com.  If the address is in google's database then google will return it as a result otherwise it will say that your search returned no results. I am in the no result boat right now, but oh well.  

I've set up the blog trying to use all the appropriate keywords which you can probably figure out involve making money using the internet.  I have also posted one article on goarticles.com to try and start getting backlinks.  Today, I am going to continue testing more methods from the blog and writing some articles on other websites.  I'll let you know what happens when anything happens. 


If you are interested if I've MADE ANY MONEY ONLINE check back in and see if there are any updates. 




1 comment:

  1. Hey, I need to learn how to WRITE, but I can get things idexed pretty fast. Go ahead and email me, we can share about our blogs...

    My website: Alex.Piechowski.org
    My email: Alex@piechowski.org (CONTACT ME!)

    ReplyDelete